DanDrive - Tweedy Overdrive Deluxe
The TWEEDY 5B3 was built to nail the character of an old 53’ Fender TWEED DELUXE amp.
If you haven’t heard the old 6SC7 preamp tubes in a 5B3 circuit, it’s possible this pedal will show you a new world of tweed sounds.
Like my old Fender Tweed Deluxe the tone knob is the key to the highway! All three controls work in conjunction with each other.
This pedal is like an old 50s amp, not easy to use, but your patience brings the golden sound. The specific midrange of the TWEEDY is the magic.
This pedal works best with a classic clean-dynamic Fender or Marshall like amp. With the TWEEDY your full range of tone is on the guitar volume.
Don’t use it like an overdrive pedal, it is made to fill the hole of these sounds. This pedal is very dynamic, but no fuzz tamer or anything like that...it’s just the old-time sound.
The TWEEDY replicates every vintage tweed amp sound, just like Dan's old 53’ DELUXE loaded with an old Jensen P12R speaker.
- KNOBS: level, drive, tone
- 9v battery use (not incl.
- Top-mounted 9v DC jack power supply, center negative (not incl.)
- 125B enclosure (size differs sometimes about 1-2mm, depending on the manufacturer)
- Pedalboard friendly, top mounted IN and OUT jacks on top
- Jewel amp light
- True bypass
- TWEED cover